Thursday, April 18, 2013

Planner

I get picked on all the time for being a planner. I plan WAY in advance for everything, but I do it for several reasons.
  1. I can shop around for the best prices
  2. When the day of the event comes there aren't surprises
  3. Time management
  4. Allows me to come up and develop the best ideas.
  5. etc
I mean heck my first position was in Planning and Scheduling IT for a reason right!? hahaha Nothing makes me crazier than when things are unorganized! Makes my stress level go through the roof.
(You don't want to see me when I can't find something...drives me more bonkers! Best to stay away...)

So I break from that to say YES, I have started to plan for Brody's 1st birthday...which is 7 months away (will FLY by!! sniff sniff).  Since his birthday is in November (our crazy time at work before year end freeze.) I want to have everything set and in line before. I by far love this theme the most, and it's sooooooooo easy for me. I like easy!

Milk & Cookies

Pretty much only involves a lot of baking, but at least I can handle most of that the week of instead of the day of. You guessed it all different types of cookies and plenty of milk. Easy enough!

Cake. I found the CUTEST smash cake on my go-to for inspiration, Pinterest. A round cake frost with tan icing with chocolate chips ontop. One giant cookie. Me not being a master baker can handle that!
For the guest- cupcakes. I am going to attempt cookie monster cupcakes....but I'm afraid after seeing sooo many peoples failed attempts. But I hope they look something like this, haha hope!
Cookies. To not go over board I was thinking I'd probably have 5 different kinds.

Milk. We would have 3 options. Chocolate, Skim, and Banana (If you've never had it. OMG. Yum! I've been wanting to purchase some 8oz plastic milk bottles that can be reused for future parties, so I will bite the bullet and order some. I definitely did a lot of price hunting trying to find the best deal. I went with that store because they let me customize which lids and already provided the hole.
Paper Straws. I had been pricing paper straws online and every time would cringe....how much for a straw?! Almost resorted to solid straws...then one trip to Gordmans I headed down their kitchen clearance....I got 50! FIFTY! for $2!!!!!! I was looking at the exact same thing online and the cheapest I found was $7.50 for 25 straws. { Pat myself on the back for that one!!! } And they are totally in theme (brown, blue, and white!)
Adults will get Frappuccinos Since not everyone drinks milk (cough my mom) I thought I would have coffee on hand. Thanks to this recipe it was very simple and inexpensive to have a copy-cat Starbucks recipe.
I make this for my morning coffee because running around like a wild woman trying to get 
2 boys out the door and hot coffee DO NOT mix! lol My carafe bottle is perfect for the frig storage!
  • 12 cups of DARK Expresso coffee
  • 1/4 cup of Bailey's Creamer (This is the only creamer that makes it taste like SB)
  • 3 Tablespoons of sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar 
Put the sugars at the bottom of the container. Once the coffee is done brewing pour over sugar. Let it dissolve then add the creamer and stir. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.

Party Favors. Milk straws so simple. so amazing!
Simple huh!? Party planned. Mark your calendars for Nov 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment